This one-pot wonder is quick and easy to make, usually only taking 15-20 minutes. Adding cayenne helps add a pleasant spicy kick to this savory meal.
Zucchini Chicken Dinner
- 3⁄4 pound chicken breast, cubed or cut into strips
- 3 medium zucchinis, halved and cut into 1⁄4-1⁄2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, puréed in blender
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in olive oil until brown.
- Add onions and garlic. Add pureed tomatoes and seasoning.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add zucchinis.
- Cook and stir until crisp-tender.